Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm Not Stressed...Really, I'm Not!

Our flight leaves in about 25 1/2 hours and I am not stressed at all. We're packed, trip insurance is purchased, passports are valid, confirmations are printed, finances in order, etc., etc., etc. So, I'm really not feeling stressed, but tell that to my body. For some reason, my body is manifesting stress like crazy! Here are some examples:

  • I've been breaking out for the past week.
  • I have a UTI...not fun.
  • I feel a cold sore developing.
  • I'm having frightening - wake up in a cold sweat - dreams every night. (Not to be confused with my perimenopausal 'night sweats' which cause me to throw off the covers and turn on the AC and every fan I can find in an attempt to get my body temp down to around 150 degrees Fahrenheit.)
  • I'm not sleeping well...except for during aforementioned bad dreams. (Actually, I never really sleep well, so I probably should not include this.)
What's the deal with me? I'm hoping that some of my medically trained friends can enlighten me...Debbie, Robin, Marcela, anyone...hello???

Even though I am not stressed and I am all ready to go...I do have a few things to do today:

  • Go to church.
  • Stop at AT&T store to make sure I am doing all I can to avoid coming home to an $800 phone bill...like I did in 2004. So, please don't call or text me or I will be angry with you! ;)
  • Get a pedicure.
  • Wax...necessary maintenance.
  • Go over things with Dawn & Becca...eek! I am a little stressed about leaving them...but they're adults and they have lots of support around if needed. (I'm more concerned that Becca is going to spend every last cent we've given her before we even take off!)
  • Print out little itinerary journals I made on Publisher for us.
  • Print out/email emergency contact list.
Not too bad, if I do say so myself. I may not completely understand why I'm reacting to stress that I'm not feeling...but I do know this:

"Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest. "Luke 12:25-26

And from Mark Twain:

"I'm an old man and have known a great many troubles, most of which never happened."

Ain't that the truth!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy--you will have a blessed and fun time, but as I remember when I traveled extensively for the RUSD Board of Ed., it all seems to "hit the fan" in the last days before flying out! (In other words, it's always darkest before dawn!)

    Keeping you in prayer and wishing I were a stowaway!!

    Love,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. There...I think I figured it out...Maybe I can remain your smartest friend!

    ReplyDelete