Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lines, Lines, Everywhere are Lines

Monday, August 2nd

Day 1 got off to an early start. Quite early for me as I didn't sleep a wink! We left the house at 4 am bound for LAX. The freeways weren't empty, but they were pretty light, and that...coupled with Mike's driving...got us there in an hour and fifteen minutes...door to door!

And that's when the lines began. Lines, lines, everywhere were lines. First was the line to the self-serve kiosk where you print off your boarding passes, then was the bag drop-off line which was crazy long. I decided to start with the self-serve kiosk even though I had printed our boarding passes at home. Mike went and got in the bag drop-off line with the idea to kill two birds with one stone...but our real hope was to find someone Mike knew so we could completely bypass both. 

Well, that did not happen, but something just as good did. As I was at the self-serve kiosk, I saw a Delta employee and asked if she could help me. She said I needed to scan my passport and proceeded to show me how. Fortunately for us, it wouldn't scan, so she went to her supervisor who had us brought to the front of the crazy long bag drop-off line...Woo Hoo!

However, our 'woo hoo' was short lived as we arrived at the next line...the 'waiting to go up the escalator' line...which led to the 'waiting to go thru screening' line...which led to the actual 'screening' line. I know...this is only the beginning of the lines we'll encounter over the next 24 days!

Anyway, we made it onto our flight...and within the first ten minutes on the plane, the unexpected happened...or more appropriately...the absolutely expected happened. For those of you who know and love my baby boy, Matthew, you know he has a sensitive stomach. Some of you have even experienced it first hand...Janet! So, I am sure none of you are surprised that he threw up twice before we even left the tarmac. But in true Matthew fashion, he was immediately fine and did not need a fussing over...regardless of how much the flight attendants tried.

Well, that's our first day. I'm going to get to bed and I'll post our first day in London adventures tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

  1. It's going to be SOOOOOO fun to be able to "travel" along with the three of you, Cindy! Thanks for taking the time to allow us to enjoy a trip to Europe, even though we have the easier part of the journey! ;-) Looking forward to upcoming posts and pics!!! Sleep well! And no more tummy aches, anyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post!!! We are going to love "traveling" with you all !!!! Yep and true to fashion, once Matt throws up he is GOOD TO GO!!!!! Travel safely and keep us posted !!!!

    ReplyDelete